It was time to cook dinner one evening, and I did what all of us do – opened the fridge and scratched my head. What did we have that I could combine into a meal?
There was a kielbasa link that needed to be cooked. I had a random bag of spinach that my mom had passed on before she left for vacation. I had half a red onion that needed to be used that a friend had left a few days before after making his famous guacamole.
I found this recipe on Pinterest for Cheesy Sausage Pasta, and found that I could modify it to work with what I had on hand.
- Saute onion in olive oil until translucent
- Add kielbasa and garlic; heat through, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, spinach and uncooked pasta; bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper, cayenne and cheese. Mix thoroughly.
Join the newsletter
I want to save money by cooking more at home!