Raise your hand if you are tired when you come home in the evening, and don’t want to mess with dinner too much. I’ll raise my hand to that.
Amidst busy days filled with work, homework, kids’ activities, and – let’s be honest- a little downtime for you, your slow cooker is your magical key to dinner done when you walk in the door.
The best part is that the prep can be done in about ten minutes; you can easily do the prep in the morning before you leave for the day, or the evening before if that is easier for you. (Just be sure to keep the peeled, sliced potatoes in water so that they don’t start browning.)
Let’s do this!
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
yield: 6-8 servings prep time: 10 min cook time: 6 1/2 hours on low
- 5 all-purpose baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice potatoes; dice onion and ham.
- Spray crock of slow cooker with nonstick spray; add potatoes, onion and ham in layers.
- Add cream of mushroom soup over the top. If you like an especially creamy dish, 2 cans may be used.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in cheese; cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.
- Combine well before serving.
Enjoy! If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear about it and see your pictures in the comments below!
Join the newsletter
I want to save money by cooking more at home!