Have you ever had friends or kid’s friends drop by at the last minute? Get an email from a coworker or school asking you to bring a dessert or snack the next day, or have an impromptu potluck come up? You don’t want to run to the store, but you don’t want to disappoint either.
Enter the 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie. Really. You can do these with only three basic ingredients, which are generally found in most kitchens (unless food allergies preclude them). Seriously guys, this is the easiest from-scratch cookie recipe I think I’ve ever seen.
What are the ingredients? Peanut butter, sugar and an egg. That’s it. Let’s get started.
In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of peanut butter and 1 egg until well blended.
Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 10 minutes. Remove to rack and cool completely.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
yield: about 15 cookies prep: 5 min bake time: 10 min
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (you can use either creamy or crunchy, or half of each)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, peanut butter and egg throughly using a wooden spoon or hand mixer.
- Roll into balls and place evenly on a baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly with the tines of a fork; sprinkle with decorative sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
And that is it! Enjoy! (and if you make these and want to keep them all to yourself, I won’t tell.)