If you are a advocate for brown bagging your lunch every day to save some money, you’ll know what I mean when I say this.
I love a good chicken salad, whether on a sandwich, or served with crackers and fruit. There is something so elegant about it. It’s perfect to serve for a a baby shower or bridal tea, but humble enough for an every day sandwich in your lunch.
My favorite thing about chicken salad is that it is so customizable; there are a myriad of ingredients that meld beautifully into it. I share this recipe with you, as these are the ingredients I happened to have available at home when I made it.
Farmer’s Market Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, chopped chicken (leftover rotisserie chicken works really well)
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1/2 cup grapes, quartered
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop chicken, apples, grapes and green onion. Mix well.
- Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, poppy seeds and salt and pepper; combine thoroughly.
- Serve – great on sandwiches, or served on hearty crackers.
What is your favorite way to make chicken salad? I’d love to hear your thoughts, and try your favorite recipe too!